To maintain a safe environment for everyone, City Hall will be closing at 4:45 pm on normal business days for additional daily cleaning.
Tuesday: 8:00 am - 4:45 pm (Closed for lunch from Noon - 1:00 pm)
Wednesday: 8:00 am - 4:45 pm (Closed for lunch from Noon - 1:00 pm)
Thursday: 8:00 am - 4:45 pm (Closed for lunch from Noon - 1:00 pm)
Friday: 8:00 am - 4:45 pm (Closed for lunch from Noon - 1:00 pm)
The City of Hawk Point has an opening for a Part Time Public Works Laborer.
Application and job description are available below or inside City Hall located at 121 West Lincoln, Hawk Point, MO 63349.
Apply at City Hall from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Tues. – Fri. (except on holidays - Closed for Lunch from Noon to 1:00pm), send application via fax: 636-338-4827, or mail: PO Box 302, Hawk Point, MO 63349.
Deadline is 02/12/2021. Please Call City Hall at 636-338-4377 for information.
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING CHAPTER 91 OF THE CITY CODE OF HAWK POINT, ALLOWING THE KEEPING OF CHICKENS WITHIN THE CITY SUBJECT TO REGULATION
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE BOARD OF ALDERMAN OF THE CITY OF HAWK POINT, MISSOURI, AS FOLLOWS:
Section 91.01 Definition of Terms is hereby amended to exclude chickens from the definition of “Domestic Fowl” to that the definition shall be solely for Domestic Fowl, i.e., “Domestic Fowl – As used in this Chapter, domestic fowl shall include turkeys, guineas, ducks, or geese.”
Section 91.09 No Farm Animals is hereby amended to strike “chickens” from the exclusion, i.e., “No one shall keep swine, cows, horses, goats, sheep, or domestic fowl of any kind, except chickens within the City. Persons owning more than three contiguous acres shall be exempt from this section as long as the keeping of animals does not violation subdivision restrictions or constitute a nuisance. Persons under the age of 18 temporarily keeping animals for 4-H or FFA purposes shall be exempt from this section as long as keeping the animals does not violate subdivision restrictions or constitute a nuisance.
Section 91.13 shall be added to read as follows:
(1) Chickens must be kept in a fenced exterior area during daylight hours and secured within a henhouse, coop, or other interior structure during non-daylight hours.
(2) Each chicken shall be provided with a minimum of four (4) square feet of exterior area and four (4) square feet of interior area, aggregating to eight (8) square feet for each chicken.
(3) Enclosures, interior or exterior, must be kept in a neat, clean, dry, odor-free and sanitary condition.
(4) Enclosures, interior or exterior, must provide adequate ventilation, sun and shade and must be impermeable to rodents, wild birds and predators, including cats and dogs.
(5) Enclosures, interior or exterior, shall provide safe and healthy living conditions for chickens, while minimizing the adverse impacts to other residents of the City.
(6) Enclosures, interior or exterior, must be located no closer than ten (10) feet to the applicant's property line and at least fifty (50) feet from the nearest part of any residence or dwelling upon an adjacent property.
(C) No Running at Large
No owner or any person responsible for any chicken shall allow such chicken to run at large or loose upon other persons’ property or the streets/public places of the City. The City’s designee is permitted to confiscate any chicken found upon any of the City's streets/public places, whereupon such designee shall make reasonable efforts to discern the ownership of such chicken; but if not reasonably feasible, to dispose of same. Should any dog or cat kill or injure any chicken running at large, that dog or cat shall not, for that reason alone, be deemed a vicious animal.
(D) Maximum Number / No Roosters
(1) The maximum number of chickens allowed upon any area of common ownership shall not exceed six (6) at any one time, irrespective of how many dwelling units exist on such tract of common ownership.
(2) Only female chickens (pullets or hens) are allowed, without restriction of their breed.
Passed and approved by the Board of Aldermen of the City of Hawk Point, Missouri, on this 5th Day of October, 2020.
The wonderful idea of placing hearts on our homes and businesses to spread the love and remind everyone "We're in this Together" was brought to the City's attention. Not only is City Hall and the Police Department participating in this beautiful trend, we would like to share it with you!
If you and your family or business are participating in the "We're in this Together" Covid-19 2020 Hearts of Hawk Point, please feel free to share your photo(s) of your home and/or business. To add your photo to our gallery, send them to email@example.com.
Contact the City Clerk to be placed on the Agenda for the Board Meeting of your choice.
P. (636) 338-4377
PO Box 302
121 West Lincoln
Hawk Point, MO 63349
Board Meetings are the first Monday of the Month at 6:00PM (subject to change)